Welcome to Lost Souls | Best CS 1.6 servers | Counter Strike 1.6 Servers

Welcome to Lost Souls | Best CS 1.6 servers | Counter Strike 1.6 Servers, firstly we recommend you to register in our forums so you get more features in Servers & Forum.

Recommended Links to visit after you register:

1. Gain 500 Ammo Packs in Zombie Plague Server.
  2. [English] Shop Guide OR [Spanish] Guía de la tienda
  3. Our Shop CHECK NUMBER 2 LINKS BEFORE YOU BUY FROM THE SHOP ⏏️⏏️

Capture the Flag has been fully updated, go check it out! 63.251.20.160:27215
Kraken

Do you wanna become a Mapper?

Hello guys, lots of people asked me to teach them how to make a map. Well, it's not so hard as you would think, in fact, i've learnt it by myself watching and reading tutorials on the internet.

As everything else, we need to start with the basics, and that is not better explained than in this tutorial:

That's a play list which contains 10 videos with everything a mapper needs to get started. It was maded by a Finnish guy, this is his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/asdpaf/featured

and don't worry, he speaks english very well.

Just one thing, I use this level editor https://jack.hlfx.ru/en/ (J.A.C.K.), and I think it is way better than the no official Valve Hammer Editor (VHE). But, what's the problem then? Well, almost all of the tutorials around are maded using VHE, but don't worry, there's no much difference between them and you can implement VHE's tutorials on jack as well, just keep that in mind.

And that's all guys for now, i hope you start practicing.

• Like 2

It's not really worth mapping in this game due to what you are limited to, it's better to learn source mapping, and literally you will end up learning for goldsrc without a need to learn again.

but overall those tutorials look good to go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lord Death said:

It's not really worth mapping in this game due to what you are limited to, it's better to learn source mapping, and literally you will end up learning for goldsrc without a need to learn again.

but overall those tutorials look good to go.

Yeah, I agree. Mapping in GoldSrc is kinda outdated today.

But there is one certain community called "TWHL" who is trying to make GoldSrc look good again. Better advancements and visuals, trying to make it possibly like Source Engine.

But personally, I think its better to teach new Mappers on how to map through Gold Source before learning Source yet, its because mapping in Gold Source teaches us the basics, this will give the Mappers a overview on what's its like to map on Source Engine, well at least they won't have any troubles mapping in Source because there is a certain relation from Gold Source to Source itself.

• Like 1